Friday 19 April 2019

Skin Care Routine

Hi my beautiful readers,

How have you all been? Long time no see. I know and I apologize for not posting here since so so long now!

I will be regular with my posts here as I have a lot to share :)

I would like to start my posts by sharing my skin care routine here.  After delivery I had been very negligent about my skin and hair health so much that I would often forget removing my makeup before sleep and because of this my skin was at its worst.

It is just since last couple of months I have been more careful and have started taking care of my skin.  I now religiously follow the CTM routine.


I have actually indulged in some amazing skin care products and that itself gives me a push to adhere to my routine every single day.  You do not need expensive products,  basic skin care products that work for you can do the job just as good.  But for me personally,  I need a push and indulging in some good luxury brands gives me that.



My skin care products






The products I am using since last 2 months are:

  • Kiehl's ultra facial cleanser for cleansing
  • Kiehl's ultra facial toner for toning
  • Nivea soft hydration cream for moisturizing
  • Sephora waterproof triple action cleansing water for removing makeup
  • Diy honey and sugar mixture for exfoliating


Morning routine:

In the morning I wash my face with the kiehls cleanser,  followed by applying the kiehl's toner and then followed by a generous amount of moisturizer as my skin has turned very dry since we are here in Belgium. This is all I do when I am at home for the day.  Though I would suggest to apply a sunscreen too but I do not use it when at home.

Night time routine:

In case I have makeup on,  I first wash my face with the Kiehl's cleanser,  use my Sephora makeup remover on a cotton swap to remove any remaining makeup (I sometimes use these 2 alternatively)  then apply the Kiehl's toner,  followed by dabbing in 3 drops of Kiehl's midnight recovery concentrate,  then I apply my Nivea moisturizer.  For lips I apply my Nivea lip balm. Also I apply a generous amount of moisturizer on my feet as my feet had gone very dry,  they are now back to normal and soft.  Lastly don't forget to apply hand cream as I tend to wash my hands over 10 times in a day and this makes my hand very dry. So highly recommend moisturizing your lips,  face,  hands and feet every single day if you are not doing it yet.  You will see a big difference in your skin after that.

Weekly routine:

I have started exfoliating,  none of the scrubs I had tried so far has worked for me.  So now, I am using a very simple diy for face/ lip scrub.

Take one tablespoon honey and one tablespoon powdered sugar.  Apply this on your clean face and gently massage in circular motions all over the face, leaving the delicate area around the eyes.  Please be very gentle as sugar can tear the skin.  Do not forget to scrub the lips with the same mixture. Do this for around 2 mins,  let it stay there for 5 mins by the mean time you can use the remaining mixture to scrub your palms.  Wash it off with cold water, dab with towel. Your skin will feel as soft as a baby's butt. Follow it with a generous amount of moisturizer.

I would recommend to exfoliate your face at least once in a week and your lips as and when you feel they have chapped. Exfoliating also helps the skin to absorb all the goodness of the skin care products you apply as all the dead skin will be removed.

I have followed this routine for a couple of months now. My skin texture has improved and my makeup goes on much better now.

I hope this helps you get into a routine and take care of your skin better. Do let me know if you need reviews on any of the products mentioned.

Do try this and don't forget to tag me ❤

Will be back with another post, until then do take care and stay beautiful <3


No comments:

Post a Comment