Friday 25 September 2015

NYX Soft Matte Lip cream : San Paulo

Hi my Readers,

I am reviewing a nude lipstick today. I always stayed away from nude lipsticks as I could not decide if any nude shade would suit me. Most of the nude shades look washed out on my skin tone. For dusky skin tones, natural brown would be the nude shade, but I do not like brown lipsticks. I accidentally picked up this color which is by no means nude for my skin tone, still I make it work as a nude shade. Read on..




What the product Claims :-

Neither lipstick nor lip gloss, this matte lip cream is a new kind of lip color that goes on silky smooth and sets to a matte finish. Soft Matte Lip Cream is surprisingly durable and unlike some matte lipstick formulas also moisturizing.

The Packaging :-



There is nothing great about the packaging, it is the usual gloss packaging. It comes in a plastic bottle with black cap and  an applicator. The bottle is not transparent and we cannot see the amount of product in it. But the bottle has the color of the shade and is easy to locate. They have the shade names based on different cities which is quite unique :). The shade is written at the bottom.

The Formulation :-

The lipstick formulation as mentioned by the brand, is unique. It is not a gloss nor a lipstick, it is indeed a cream. It glides super smoothly and has a beautiful vanilla scent to it. Some people do not like the applicator that comes with it, but it works perfectly fine for me. It takes some time to dry and once it is dried it turns into this pretty pink matte lipstick. It lasts quite long and is not drying on the lips at all.

My experience :-



I had picked up this color, not because it was a nude color, I had swatched it on my hand and I found the color super pretty and bought it. It was a mistake that I did not try the color on my lips and when I tried it on my lips after purchasing it, it was a complete mismatch for my skin tone. It looked very ugly and it completely washed me out. It was very disappointing and did not wear it for a long time. But I found out a way to make the color work for me. I paired this lipstick with Sephora lip liner in the shade '05 Deep Aubergine'. I apply this lip liner on my lips first and then go with the NYX cream on top of it, this makes the shade look super pretty pink which works great on my skin tone. I can use this combination as a nude lipstick when I have heavy eye makeup on and I just love the combination.

Price tag :-

I bought it for Rs. 570 six months back, but I guess the price has increased now to Rs.1200 (check here )

Positives :-

  • Very creamy, glides easily and not drying on the lips
  • Pleasant Vanilla scent.
  • Stays put for a long time.
  • It is matte !! :)
Negatives :-

  • Not a flattering color on dusky or brown skin tone
  • Some might not like the Applicator.
  • Need to exfoliate the lips for this lip color.

On me :-





My Rating :-

I hate the color by itself, not a flattering color for dusky skin tones but the texture is very good.

*** ( 3 out of 5 )

Hope you all liked the review.


1 comment: