Tuesday 15 December 2015

Sugar Cosmetics Matte As Hell Lip Crayons

Hi my beauties,



This is a review about the newly launched Sugar cosmetics Matte lip crayons. I love lip crayons, cause of the ease of using them and I also love matte lipsticks. So when sugar cosmetics launched their new matte lip crayons, I had to try them.


What the product claims :-

The Sugar Matte As Hell Crayon Lipstick has a creamy consistency that eventually settles in to a matte finish. With stunning shades that don’t fail to impress, it provides maximum coverage with the right amount of color. This power product is dermatologically tested & approved and 100% safe for your skin.

Source

Formulation :-



These lipsticks are creamy and glide easily on the lips. As they are in pencil form, they are easy to use and convenient to travel with. They give good color payoff in a single swipe. The staying power is great, there is no smudging or transfer.

They have overall four shades in this range and I chose two of their shades to try.



01 Scarlett o'hara: This shade is the perfect red shade I was looking for since a long time. It is a true red with no orange undertones, which I have found in all the other red lipsticks I own. I love this shade. It is the perfect bright red, it is matte and it is a lip crayon :) super perfect for my liking. I am very happy with this shade. The application is very crisp, I can use it even without a lip pencil.

02 Mary Poppins: I was a little skeptical about this shade, even when I was placing the order. But I love bright pink lipsticks and I wanted to try my luck with this one. True to my fears, this is a very bright pink shade which does not really suit dusky skin tones. This will look very flattering on fair skin tones. The color by itself is gorgeous, it is bright pink with purple undertones. It is a very bright shade almost in your face kind. It can be a little too much on dusky skin tones and not everyone will be comfortable wearing this shade. But overall the shade is beautiful. I found it a little hard to apply this shade compared to Scarlett.

Packaging :-



It comes with an outer paper packaging with the shade and other details mentioned on the cover. The pencil also has the shade names mentioned on them. It is easy to make-out the color of the lipstick by looking at the pencil.

These pencils don't twist up and have to be sharpened, so they come with a sharpener each which is very thoughtful of the brand.


Price Tag :-

They have been priced at Rs.799 per lipstick.

Positives :-

1. Bright and beautiful colors.
2. Red shade is a true red with no orange undertones, which I love!
3. Pure matte, comfortable on the lips.Not drying.
4. Easy application.
5. Great staying power and no transfer.
6. Comes with a sharpener.

Negatives :-

1. Not twist up, need to be sharpened. This personally is not a problem for me, as they come with a sharpener or else finding a jumbo pencil sharpener could have been a pain. And also sharpening the pencil also eliminates the need of using a separate lip pencil.
2. As they have good staying power and are not transferable, it can be a little difficult to remove them.

On me :-

01 Scarlett o'hara




02 Mary Poppins:



My Rating :-

***** (5 out of 5 )


Overall, I love these lip pencils and also the Sugar cosmetics brand. I will be purchasing more from this brand :)

You can shop these pencils from their website :
http://www.sugarcosmetics.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment