Sunday 20 March 2016

MAC FLAT OUT FABULOUS and MAC Lip Liner MAGENTA

Hi my lovely readers,



I recently bought some MAC lip products and I will be reviewing all of them on the blog. Today I will be reviewing two products together MAC Retro Matte Lipstick in Flat Out Fabulous and MAC Lip Liner in Magenta.

When I went to the MAC counter I had 4-5 lipsticks in my  mind which I needed to try out and pick up. Flat Out Fabulous was one of them. I loved the shade I had seen online and that is why wanted to pick it up. But when I tried it out at the MAC counter, I just did not like the way it looked on me. There was a MAC SA who was wearing the same shade and it was looking gorgeous on her. She told me that she had MAC Magenta lip liner along with the lipstick. So that made me try the Magenta lip-liner with Flat out fabulous. I instantly loved this combination on me and decided to pick them up.

What the product claims :-

Bright plum matte
[Retro Matte]
Formulated to shade, define and showcase the lips. Hundreds of hues, high-fashion textures. The iconic product that made M·A·C famous.



A pencil designed for shaping, lining or filling in the lip. Lip Pencils have a smooth, creamy texture that is perfect for outlining lips or coloring them in. They are available in a wide selection of colors that each work well with many different lipstick shades.
Features a smooth and creamy formula
Features a texture that won't skip or drag
Applies quickly and precisely

Formulation :-


The lipstick is a retro matte finish, so it is the typical MAC matte but it is not as drying and is quite comfortable on the lips. But you need to prep your lips before applying this lipstick as it will accentuate dry patches. I am quite satisfied with the lipstick formulation and the bright plum color is absolutely gorgeous. It looks more of a bright pink than plum when worn by itself.



The lip liner is an utter disappointment. As gorgeous is the shade, the formulation is as bad. The lip liner is very hard to apply, it is not soft like the other lip pencils I have. This is the first lip pencil I have from MAC and I have been very disappointed by it. The application is not that easy, you need to press the pencil hard on the lips which hurts the lips. You cannot use this lip liner as a lipstick as the application is not uniform, you can only make it work by pairing it up with MAC Lipsticks like Heroine or Flat out Fabulous. By itself the liner is an utter waste of money :(

Packaging :-




The lipstick comes in the traditional MAC packaging with black bullet and the outer hard paper cover. The lipstick shades are written at the bottom of the bullet and cover. You get 3 gm of product. It is very difficult to spot any particular lipstick shade in your stash as all the MAC lipsticks look the same, there is no color coding.



The lip liner comes in a sharp-enable pencil format with an outer cover of its own. The shade name is written at the bottom of the pencil and also the shade can be seen at the bottom.

Price Tag :-

MAC FLAT OUT FABULOUS : Rs. 1450
MAC MAGENTA LIP LINER : Rs. 1400

Positives :-

  • Gorgeous shade of both the lipstick and liner
  • Lipstick has a comfortable matte finish
  • The color payoff of the lipstick is great
  • Good staying power
  • The lipstick and the lip pencil give a gorgeous shade which compliments almost all skin tones beautifully.

Negatives :-

  • Whooping expensive
  • Lip pencil not up to the mark
  • Lip pencil is very uncomfortable on the lips
  • The color payoff of the lip pencil is not good
  • The lipstick by itself will not suit dark skin tones

On me :-



My Rating :-

MAC FLAT OUT FABULOUS : **** (4 out of 5 )
The only problem with this shade is that it will not suit dark skin tone by itself.

MAC MAGENTA LIP LINER : ** (2 out of 5 )
Bad lip pencil, only good point is that it goes very well with MAC heroine and MAC Flat Out Fabulous.

1 comment: