Friday 24 July 2015

Too Faced Melted Liquified Lipstick : Melted Berry

Hi All,



Here is one more high end lipstick for review today. I have always wanted to try the Too Faced melted lipsticks. I tried them when in Switzerland but I didn't like the way it was too loud on my lips. But then, I had no idea what I was doing wrong. Later, when I read reviews about it, I got to know that these lipsticks should be allowed to dry. These lipsticks turn matt on drying and have to be applied in small quantities. This time when I was in Paris for my birthday, I again found the Too faced counter in the Sephora there and so I again thought of picking up one.



I wanted their Melted Ruby, but I wasn't sure if I could carry that loud red and opted for Melted Berry instead. Read on to know how did it fare :)


What the product claims :-

Get the staying power of a stain and the intense color of a liquid lipstick in one long-wear formula.

Lipstick Formulation :-



As the name suggests, it is a liquid lipstick in a press on tube. It is suggested to apply a very tiny amount to get intense and uniform color pay off. If you apply too much of the product it will bleed and feather, so it is absolutely necessary to be careful with the amount you apply with these lipsticks. It has a very rich color payoff, and stays put for a long time. you might want to line your lips with a lip liner with this lipstick, to avoid bleeding, as it is liquid. But I apply the lip liner all over my lips and this lipstick sustains meals and drinks with a lip liner underneath.

They have around 18 different shades in this range.

The Packaging :-



The packaging is similar to vaseline or himalaya lip balms but more glamourous. The applicator is a sponge applicator, which oses product. The applicator is very comfortable to apply the lipstick on, you do not need a separate brush with it. The packaging keeps the product safe and is travel friendly.

Price Tag :-

20 Euros

Positives :-

  • Absolutely gorgeous berry shade
  • Amazing texture
  • Turns matte
  • Great color payoff
  • Tiny amount of product required for great coverage
  • Amazing shades available in this range.
  • Easy to apply with the sponge applicator.
  • Travel friendly packaging.

Negatives :-

  • Very expensive.
  • Application can be messy if not applied correctly.
  • Can bleed and feather.
  • Lip liner needed.
  • Limited Availability in countries like India, Belgium.

On me :-




My Rating :-

***** (5 out of 5 )

I absolutely love it :)

Will be definitely buying more shades.

No comments:

Post a Comment