Friday 26 June 2015

When in doubt, wear Red

Hi my beautiful readers,

How is the week treating you ? :)



Let me give you some background on how I planned this outfit, before I start about the outfit itself. I had curled my hair on a day this week and there was no special occasion, I just felt like. I loved the way it turned out so I wanted to do an outfit post with the look. I could not make up my mind on what to wear to suit the look I had in mind. Then came the quote in picture " When in doubt, wear Red", so I wore red :D. Coming to the photos, we had used 2 different cameras for the shoot to suit the lighting on that day, but both the cameras captured a different color of the dress :(... So please bear with me if the dress color looks different in different photos. The dress is the same, the camera is the culprit here.



Now coming to the outfit, I chose to wear this beautiful red dress from Mango. This was my last year birthday dress which I had worn in Paris. But I could not get any good photos which I could use for an outfit post. So I decided to do a fresh outfit with the dress. I don't really have a lot of red and I wonder why!






I liked the fit and length of the dress, I was not supposed to pick up black (wearing black is not preferred in the first year of marriage ) and had to go for the next color, and hence I bought a red dress. The material is mainly Viscose with a mix of polyamide and elastane. It has a polyester inner lining. The dress is quite heavy in weight but is very comfortable to wear. It is a no fuss dress, I can just grab it and wear it as it is. No ironing required as it doesn't crease easily.




I did not want to go the usual heels with the dress way and hence decided to pair my favourite wedged sneakers to give the outfit a chic look.





I wore this gorgeous retro gothic black lace choker. I have been loving this choker since the day I bought it, it is so different from the usual stuff and gives that old rustic look. It goes with every outfit and changes the look of the entire outfit just by itself. It is such a great statement piece, one of the purchases that I am madly in love with :)






Kept rest of the look very minimal with no more accessories. I let my curls do all the talking :D




I applied a thick winged eyeliner and added Maybelline gold eye pencil on the water line. On my lips I wore Mac Russian red to match the outfit.







Let me know what do you think about the pairing of the feminine dress with the wedged sneakers. Have a stylish weekend :)

Outfit Details:

Dress : Mango
Wedged Sneakers : Ken
Necklace : Online
Lipstick : Mac Russian Red

No comments:

Post a Comment