Tuesday 27 October 2015

Let's style that crop top

Hi my beautiful readers,

I am very excited about today's outfit as it is something I have never tried. The trend of crop top is not new, but styling it to suit your body type is not an easy game. I have always admired the girls who can carry a crop top with elegance and style. Girls with a petite frame can wear anything on this planet and look great. But for a healthier body type, a crop top has to be styled right for it to not look trashy.


Crop top is one of the trends I have stayed away from obviously because I don't have the perfect body to carry it. I am not skinny and have an unflattering mid riff. Crop tops have never looked good on me. The trick to make a crop top work on a not so skinny body is to show the least amount of skin. Wearing the crop top with high waisted bottoms are the safest bet.






When I saw this crop top, I knew I could make it work on my body type. This top was loose fitting and the length was just perfect. The bat wing sleeves just added to its charm.






This crop top is kaftan style. It is a Masaba creation and like all her designs, it is quite bold. The bright green with the bright pink bougainvillea on it, is a treat for the eyes.




The top with all the bold prints, is itself a statement. So I decided to keep everything else basic and simple. I paired the crop top with these high waisted black jeggings. The high waist was just perfect and showed just the amount of skin I am comfortable with.




I added these high heeled pumps, which elongated my legs when paired with the black pants.



Accessory wise, I added just these green hoop earrings and this baby pink rose bracelet.



Makeup wise, I went in for a simple eyeliner and bright pink lips. I had to use two lipsticks to get the shade similar to the pink of the bougainvillea on the top. I have Maybelline 'Vivid rose' and Flormar's 'dark fuchsia' on my lips.



For my hair, it is damp and scrunched to give this messy look.




I was not sure if the color would work on my skin when I saw it on the website. But I just love this top and the quality is great!

Hope you all liked the outfit as much as I loved styling it :)

Have a great week and a happy Karwa Chauth :)

Outfit Details:

Top : Masaba (Myntra)
Shoes: Sole to Soul
Bracelet : H&M
Jeggings : Belgium





No comments:

Post a Comment