Friday 8 May 2015

Bourjois Color Edition 24H Eyeshadow

Hi All,

I am reviewing an eyeshadow today. I am not a pro when it comes to makeup, but recently I have been addicted to makeup and have started to try different things on my face. Eventually, like other makeup lovers, I too can see makeup as an art. Your face being a canvas, you can let your imagination go wild and try different looks and see what suits you the best :)

After a long time I had gotten comfortable with lipsticks and now I know which shades look good on me and which ones I should be avoiding. I always wanted to try eyeshadows, but always felt it was not for us common girls and it is best left for the models or the people on tv, as I do feel that eyeshadows on a day to day life look over the top and can be avoided.



But I had picked a couple of bright coloured eyeshadows just to experiment. I had bought this beautiful shimmery navy blue coloured eyeshadow from Bourjois. This is one color which flatters all the skin tones and looks beautiful on dusky skin tones.




What the product claims :-

A new generation cream-to-powder formula is the newest member of the Bourjois' Eyeshadow family! Fine and silky, this soft cream colour turns into powder upon the contact with the skin leaving you with a luxurious, second-skin feel. In just one sweep Colour Edition gives a metallic sheen and intense colour that last 24 hours**.

Formulation :-



It is a gel type formulation which I have not seen in any other shadows. As mentioned by the company above, it goes powdery when applied on the eyelids. There is absolutely no fallouts and due to the texture it is very easy to be applied with your fingers. The color payoff is very good. It gives a metallic sheen which I love in eyeshadows. They have six shades in this range.

It does stay put for a long time. I am not sure about the 24 hrs claim by the company, but it had lasted around 6-7 hours on me. So I can say that it has a good staying power.

Packaging :-




The eyeshadow comes in a cute glass pot. There is no name for their shades, you can see the shades through the glass pot. Only the product name is written on the pot.

Price tag :-

11.99 Euros
Very expensive for a single eye shadow color.

Positives :-


  • Love the metallic navy blue color.
  • The color payoff is great.
  • Easy to apply.
  • No fallouts.
  • Cute packaging.
  • Good staying power.
  • No creasing.



Negatives :-


  • Very expensive.
  • Not available in India.
  • No details of the product except for the product name.
On me :-





My Rating :-

***** (5 out of 5)

It is a beautiful eyeshadow with amazing texture and color great for the night time but I wont be purchasing more shades as it is very expensive.



No comments:

Post a Comment