Monday 6 July 2015

Beat the heat in the Kimono

Hi Dearies,

I am back with a new outfit post featuring the Kimono, which has been in trend this season.



Brussels has turned very hot this year and has got me hunting for comfortable clothing. A Kimono is a cardigan made up of very lightweight and flowy material which is apt for the summer heat.  Shorts and top by itself can be boring, make it more fun and colorful by adding a full patterned kimono.




Kimonos come in various bright colors, patterns and lengths. I got this navy blue floral kimono from a local shop in Brussels. I opted for a mid length kimono, I wish it were sleeveless but I just loved the floral pattern so I decided to get it anyway. The material is polyester. If you know how to sew, creating a kimono by yourself should be very easy. I don't know to sew, so I had to buy :(




For the weekend shopping, I had a very simple outfit put together. I wore this halter Zara top with a striped skirt from H&M. As it is, it was very simple and boring, so I thought of pairing it with this Kimono. As the kimono itself has bold prints on it, preferably pair it with anything plain. You can also mix patterns here. Mixing patterns can be tricky, an outfit with more than one patterned clothing can be a little overwhelming. But I feel you can mix your bold patterns with stripes comfortably. So I paired my striped skirt with this floral Kimono.





I went in for comfortable shoes as I had a lot of walking to do. I added this fringed bag from H&M.




These Dior styled earrings are a purchase from the street shops of Brussels and I just adore these shiny red beads.



Makeup wise, I am wearing bright pink lipstick from L'oreal. I added a hint of purple on my eyes. To be comfortable in the heat, I had my hair in high pony.






We can easily pair kimonos with jeans and plain tops or with shorts and tops. I feel a kimono is a must for summer as they just make your outfit look more put together even when you have plain clothes on.

Some more pics:






Do let me know your thoughts on my outfit.

Outfit Details :-

Kimono : Local shop, Brussels
Skirt & Bag : H&M
Top : Zara
Shoes : Primark.


No comments:

Post a Comment