Wednesday 29 July 2015

Stripe it up

Hi my lovely readers,



Let's talk about stripes in this post! Stripes are one pattern which can be tricky to wear. You might already know how stripes work on different body types. Horizontal stripes make you look broader and vertical stripes give you the illusion of looking taller and slimmer. But this also depends on the thickness of the stripes. The above logic works for visibly broader stripes.



You can always cheat with thinner stripes. If you are broader and like an outfit with horizontal stripes, check for the thickness of the stripes, you can safely go for it if the stripes are thin. I would suggest not to go for broad horizontal stripes if you do not want to look heavy.

Vertical stripes are always a great pick if you want to look taller. The stripes also frame your body to give an illusion that you are slimmer.






Horizontal stripes always make me look broader, so I never really pick them up. I always look for vertical stripes or zig zag ones. This outfit I bought has vertical stripes at the top and diagonal lines at the bottom! I guess stripes cannot get better than this on any outfit! It was just perfection for my body type, as I prefer clothes which give me a slimmer feel at the top.


In addition, the dress is slightly  poufed at the bottom. I like poufed dresses, balloon dresses, they make me feel like a doll :) This dress is not too much poufed which makes it good for casual wear.




I added a braided waist chain here, which I had got along with another dress.



This beautiful necklace with beads would be the major accessory in this outfit.



Wearing some pearls on my hands and ears to kinda go with this very girly outfit.




These white flats are from Zara.



Added some color to my black and white outfit through my makeup. Added blue eyeliner on my inner corners of my eyes and on my lips I have Russian Red from MAC.



Will be back with another outfit ! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment