Friday 28 August 2015

Ethnic Wear : Anarkalis

Hi my beautiful readers,

How have you all been doing? I know I haven't posted anything since a long time now :( I am back in India and had been travelling extensively all this month. I visited Pune, Jaipur, Surat, Mumbai, Mangalore, all of these in a span of one month. Thanks to the Internet speed in India, I could not even think of posting anything in the little time I could squeeze out of my schedule. But now I am back in Pune and have all the time in the world for my blog, so you will be seeing posts frequently :)

As I was in India, I wanted to do some outfit posts on the beautiful Indian wears. I mostly wore churidars and did not really get any chance to wear saree, but I will try to add a post on saree as well. Lets see :)





Coming to the current outfit, it is a beautiful navy blue Anarkali. If you ask me what is my favourite Indian wear, it will be Anarkalis and Sarees. For all my Indian friends, I know Anarkalis need no introduction :) Anarkali is basically a three piece outfit consisting of a tight fitting trouser called as churidhar, a dupatta and long flowing frock styled top. Anarkalis are well fitting on the top and flowy waist down. It cinches around the waist and hence gives a perfect shape to the body. Anarkalis can be worn by any body type. But I feel they look extremely gorgeous on tall girls :)




The anarkali I am wearing is navy blue with gold work. It is almost full length kurta and has a lot of volume. I choose to keep the sleeves full length.





Normally the dupattas of such heavy anarkalis are very simple without any work, but here the dupatta also had heavy work on it. This made it even more beautiful and made me buy it.






I chose to have only these earrings as accessories as there was already too much going on in the kurta. These danglers are actually latkans which we use on saree blouses. I loved the design of these and was looking for similar earrings so I asked one of my aunts to make these latkans into earrings :) They turned out beautifully, they were a tad too long, but I liked them that way :)



Wore my matching gold stilettos. These were from Metro.





Makeup wise, I opted for a winged eyeliner with fuschia lips. I have Urban decay catfight on my lips.

Some more outfit pics :






Do let me know what do you think of the outfit :) Have a great weekend!

Outfit Details:

Anarkali : Laxmi Road, Pune
Earrings : Jaipur
Stilettos : Metro
Lipstick : Urban decay

No comments:

Post a Comment