Friday 6 March 2015

Retro Inspired - Polka dots

Hi Everyone,

TGIF!! Hope you all are having a great one :)



Today's post is on retro inspired polka dress outfit. I bought this dress online in India. It is a skater dress with blue and white polka dots. The high neckline, the flare of the dress and the colours give it a very 50's feel. So I decide to style it to suit those times. Lets see how it fared :)



I am wearing a lot of accessories this time. I paired the dress with big pearled necklace, diamond tops, pearl and gold bracelets.

I wore my hair in side swept ponytail, this was the most retroish hairstyle I could think of.







I wore a thin tan belt to define the waistline and give the dress a more defined look. I couldn't think of wearing ballerinas for the winter and hence paired the dress with my tan boots to match the belt.



I felt like wearing knee high socks. I like knee high socks with short dresses and winters let me wear it without making me look like a schoolgirl :P  I am also wearing stockings so that my skin is not exposed to cold.



When the cold started to get intolerable I had to wear my jacket and gloves and hence was back into my Eskimo mode :D



Hope you all liked the pairing. Please do comment on the post :) I would love to hear your comments and advices.

Have a fun and relaxing weekend :) Thanks for reading.

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment